- Brockley R.P., The effects of fertilization on the early growth of planted seedlings: a problem analysis, FRDA report 011, B.C. Ministry of Forests and Lands, Canada, 1988.
- Burdett A.N., New methods for measuring root growth capacity: their value in assessing lodgepole pine stock quality, Can. J. For. Res. 9 (1979) 63-67.
- Carlson W.C., Effects of controlled-release fertilizers on shoot and root development of outplanted western hemlock (Tsuga heterophylla Raf. Sarg.) seedlings, Can. J. For. Res. 11 (1981) 752-757.
- Causton D.R., Venus J.C., The biometry of plant growth, Edward Arnold, London, 1981.
- Donald D.G.M., Nursery fertilization of conifer planting stock, in: Van den Driessche R. (Ed.), Mineral nutrition of conifer seedlings, CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL, 1991, pp. 135-167.
- Fan Z., Response of ponderosa pine to controlled-release fertilizers, Ph.D. dissertation, University of Idaho, Moscow, ID, 1999.
- Fan Z., Moore J.A., Shafii B., Osborne H.L., Three-year response of ponderosa pine seedlings to controlled-release fertilizer applied at planting, West. J. Appl. For. 3 (2002) 154-164.
- Hunt G.A., Effect of controlled-release fertilizers on growth and mycorrhizae in container-grown Engelmann spruce, West. J. Appl. For. 4 (1989) 129-131.
- Hunt R., Plant growth curves-the functional approach to plant growth analysis, Edward Arnold, London, 1982.
- Ingestad T., Towards optimum fertilization, Ambio 3 (1974) 49-54.
- Ingestad T., Nitrogen and plant growth: maximum efficiency of nitrogen fertilizers, Ambio 6 (1977) 146-151.
- Ingestad T., Agren G.I., Nutrient uptake and allocation at steady-state nutrition, Physiol. Plant. 72 (1988) 450-459.
- Ingestad T., Lund A., Theory and techniques for steady state mineral nutrition and growth of plants, Scand. J. For. Res. 1 (1986) 439-453.
- Moore J.A., Fan Z., Shafii B., Effect of root-plug incorporated controlled-release fertilizer on two-year growth and survival of planted ponderosa pine seedlings, West. J. Appl. For. 4 (2002) 216-219.
- SAS Institute, SAS user's guide, Vol. 2, SAS Institute, Inc. Cary, NC, 1995.
- Pienaar L.V., Turnbull K.J., The Chapman-Richards generation of Von Bertalanffy's growth model for basal area growth and yield in even-aged stands, For. Sci. 19 (1973) 2-22.
- Richards F.J., A flexible growth function for empirical use, J. Exp. Bot. 29 (1959) 290-300.
- Schneider W.G., Knowe S.A., Harrington T.B., Predicting survival of planted Douglas-fir and ponderosa pine seedlings on dry, low-elevation sites in southwestern Oregon, New For. 15 (1998) 139-159.
- Van den Driessche R., Nursery growth of conifer seedlings using fertilizers of different solubilities and application time, and their forest growth, Can. J. For. Res. 18 (1988) 172-180.
- Walker R.F., Huntt C.D., Controlled release fertilizer effects on growth and foliar nutrient concentration of container grown Jeffrey pine and singleleaf pinyon, West. J. Appl. For. 7 (1992) 113-117.
- Walker R.F., Lane L.M., Containerized Jeffrey pine growth and nutrient uptake in response to mycorrhizal inoculation and controlled release fertilization, West. J. Appl. For. 12 (1997) 33-40.
- Wenny D.L., Dumroese R.K., A growing regime for containerized ponderosa pine seedlings, University of Idaho, Forest, Wildlife and Range Experiment Station Bulletin # 43, Moscow, ID, 1987.
Ann. For. Sci.
Volume 61, Number 2, March 2004
|Page(s)||117 - 124|
References of Ann. For. Sci. 61 117-124