- Burdon R.C., 1977. Genetic correlation as a concept for studying genotype-environment interaction in forest tree breeding. Silvae Genet. 26: 168–175
- Campbell R.K., 1979. Genecology of Dougals-fir in a watershed in the Oregon Cascades. Ecology 60: 1036–1050 [CrossRef]
- Campbell R.K., 1986. Mapped genetic variation of Douglas-fir to guide seed transfer in southwest Oregon. Silvae Genet. 35: 85–96
- Campbell R.K. and Sugano A.I., 1993. Genetic variation and seed zones of Douglas-fir in the Siskiyou National Forest. USDA For. Serv., Pacific Northwest Research Station, Portland, OR. PNW-RP-455, 21 p
- Ching K.K. and Bever D., 1960. Provenance study of Douglas-fir in the Pacific Northwest region I. Nursery performance. Silvae Genet. 9: 11–17
- Ching K.K. and Hinz P.N., 1978. Provenance study of Douglas-fir in the Pacific Northwest region. III. Field performance at age twenty years. Silvae Genet. 27: 229–233
- Christophe C. and Birot Y., 1979. Genetic variation within and between populations of Douglas fir. Silvae Genet. 28: 197–206
- Hamann A. and Wang T.L., 2005. Models of climatic normals for genecology and climate change studies in British Columbia. Agric. For. Meteorol. 128: 221–211
- Hamann A. and Wang T., 2006. Potential effects of climate change on ecosystem and tree species distribution in British Columbia. Ecology 87: 2773–2786 [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Hermann R.K. and Lavender D.P., 1968. Early growth of Douglas-fir from various altitudes and aspects in southern Oregon. Silvae Genet. 17: 143–151
- Irgens-Moller H., 1957. Ecotypic response to temperature and photoperiod in Douglas-fir. For. Sci. 3: 79–83
- Klinka K., Worrall J., Skoda L. and Varga P., 2000. The distribution and synopsis of ecological and silvical characteristics of tree species of British Columbia’s forests. Canadian Cartographics, Coquitlam, B.C., 180 p
- Mátyás C., 1994. Modeling climate change effects with provenance test data. Tree Physiol. 14: 797–804 [PubMed]
- Nuszdorfer F.C., Klinka K. and Demarchi D.A., 1990. Coastal Douglas-fir Zone. In: Ecosystems of British Columbia. Min. For., Victoria, B.C., Special Rep. 6, p. 81--93.
- O’Neill G.A., Hamann A. and Wang T., 2008. Accounting for population variation improves estimates of the impact of climate change on species’ growth and distribution. J. Appl. Ecol. 45: 1040–1049 [CrossRef]
- Province of British Columbia, 2005 [amended 2007]. Chief forester’s standards for seed use. Standard under the Forest and Range Practices Act, S.B.C. 2002, S.169 (1).
- Rehfeldt G.E., 1977. Growth and cold hardiness of intervarietal hybrids of Douglas fir. Theor. Appl. Genet. 50: 3–15 [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Rowe K.E. and Ching. K.K., 1973. Provenance study of Douglas-fir in the Pacific Northwest region. Silvae Genet. 22: 115–119
- Schmidt R., 1967. B.C. Forest Service initiates Douglas-fir provenance study. BC Lumberman, March 1967.
- Sorensen F.C., 1983. Geographic variation in seedling Douglas-fir (Pseudotsuga menziesii) from the western Siskiyou mountains of Oregon. Ecology 64: 696–702 [CrossRef]
- Spittlehouse D.L., 2008. Climate change, impacts, and adaptation scenarios: climate change and forest and range management in British Columbia, Min. For. Range, Res. Br., Victoria, B.C., Tech. Rep. 045, 38 p
- St. Clair, J.B. and Howe G.T., 2007. Genetic maladaptation of coastal Douglas-fir seedlings to future climates. Glob. Change Biol. 13: 1441–1454 [CrossRef]
- St. Clair, J.B., M, el N.L., Vance-Borl and K.W., 2005. Genecology of Douglas-fir in western Oregon and Washington. Ann. Bot. 96: 1199–1214 [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Stonecypher R.W., 1990. Assessing effects of seed transfer for selected parents of Douglas-fir: experimental methods and early results.Joint Meeting of Western Forest Genetics Association and IUFRO Working Parties, S2.02-05, 06, 12 and 14. Olympia, Wash., USA p. 2.290.,
- Wang T., Hamann A., Yanchuk A., O’Neill G.A. and Aitken S.N., 2006. Use of response functions in selecting lodgepole pine populations for future climates. Glob. Change Biol. 12: 2404–2416 [CrossRef]
- Wang T., Hamann, A., Spittlehouse D. and Aitken S.N., 2006. Development of PRISM based scale-free climate data for western Canada. Int. J. Climat. 26: 383–397 [CrossRef]
- White T.L. and Ching K.K., 1985. Provenance study of Douglas-fir in the Pacific Northwest region. IV. Field performance at age 25 years. Silvae Genet. 34: 84–90
- Ying C.C., 1990. Adaptive variation in Douglas-fir, Sitka spruce and true fir: a summary of provenance research in coastal British Columbia (abstract). Joint Meeting of Western Forest Genetics Association and IUFRO Working Parties, S2.02-05, 06, 12 and 14. Olympia, Wash., USA p. 2.387.
Ann. For. Sci.
Volume 66, Number 8, December 2009
|Number of page(s)||10|
|Published online||25 November 2009|