- Archambault L., Morissette J. and Bernier-Cardou M., 1998. Forest succession over a 20-year period following clearcutting in balsam fir-yellow birch ecosystems of eastern Quhbec, Canada. For. Ecol. Manage. 102: 61–74 [CrossRef]
- Barnes B.V., Xu Z.B. and Zhao S.D., 1992. Forest ecosystems in an old-growth pine-mixed hardwood forest of the Changbai Shan Preserve in northeastern China. Can. J. For. Res. 22: 144–160 [CrossRef]
- Berg B., 2000. Litter decomposition and organic matter turnover in northern forest soils. For. Ecol. Manage. 133: 13–22 [CrossRef]
- Cheng B.R., Xu G.S., Ding G.F. and Zhang Y.H., 1981. The main soil groups and their properties of the natrue reserve on the northern slope of Changbai Mountain. Changbai Mountain Research Station of Forest Ecosystem, Institute of Forestry and Soil Sciences, Shenyang. Res. For. Ecosyst. 2: 196–206
- Cheng B.R., Xu G.S., Ding G.F., Zhang Y.H. and Wang W., 1984. Litter production and nutrient contents in main forest ecosystems in Changbai mountain. Changbai Mountain Research Station of Forest Ecosystem, Institute of Forestry and Soil Sciences, Shenyang. Res. For. Ecosyst. 4: 19–23
- Cheng B.R., Ding G.F., Xu G.S. and Zhang Y.H., 1992. Biological nutrient cycling in Korean pine-broadleaved forest of the Changbai mountain. Changbai Mountain Research Station of Forest Ecosystem, Institute of Forestry and Soil Sciences, Shenyang. Res. For. Ecosyst. 6: 185–193
- Edmonds R.L. and Murray G.L.D., 2002. Overstory litter inputs and nutrient returns in an old-growth temperate forest ecosystem, Olympic National Park, Washington. Can. J. For. Res. 32: 742–750 [CrossRef]
- Edwards P.J., 1982. Studies of mineral cycling in a montane rain forest in New Guinea. V. Rates of cycling in throughfall and litter fall. J. Ecol. 65: 971–992
- Fassnacht K.S. and Gower S.T., 1999. Comparison of the litterfall and forest floor organic matter and nitrogen dynamics of upland forest ecosystems in north central Wisconsin. Biogeochemistry 45: 265–284
- Ferrari J.B., 1999. Fine-scale patterns of leaf litterfall and nitrogen cycling in an old-growth forest. Can. J. For. Res. 29: 291–302 [CrossRef]
- Geng X.Y., Paster J. and Dewey B., 1993. Study on leaves decomposition of some tree species in Changbai mountain. Acta Phytoecol. Geobot. Sinica 17: 90–96
- Guan L.L., Zhou G.Y., Zhang D.Q., Liu X.J. and Zhang Q.M., 2004. Twenty years of litterfall dynamics in subtropical evergreen broad-leaved forests at the Dinghushan forest ecosystem research station. Acta Phytoecologica Sinica 28 (4): 449–456 (in Chinese with English abstract).
- Haase R., 1999. Littterfall and nutrient return in seasonally flooded and non-flooded forest of the Pantanal, Mato Grosso, Brazil. For. Ecol. Manage. 117: 129–147 [CrossRef]
- Hennessey T.C., Dougherty P.M., Cregg B.M. and Wittwer R.F., 1992. Annual variation in needle fall of a loblolly pine stand in relation to climate and stand density. For. Ecol. Manage. 51: 329–338 [CrossRef]
- King H.G.C. and Heath G., 1967. The chemical analysis of small samples of leaf material and the relationship between the disappearance and composition of leaves. Pedobiologia 7: 192–197
- Kouki J. and Hokkanen T., 1992. Long-term needle litterfall of a Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris) stand: relation to temperature factors. Oecologia 89: 176–181
- Li Y.W., 1995. Biochemical studies on the nitrogen cycle processes of forest (I). Acta Ecol. Sin. 15, Supp.(B): 31–40 (in Chinese with English abstract).
- Liao L.P., Wang S.L. and Chen C.Y., 2000. Dynamics of litterfall in the mixed plantation of Michelia macclurei and Cunningghamia lanceolata: a ten-year’s observation. Chin. J. Appl. Ecol. 11 (Supp.): 131–136 (in Chinese with English abstract).
- Lin K.C., Steven P., Tang S.L., Hsia Y.J. and Lin T.C., 2003. Typhoon effects on litterfall in a subtropical forest. Can. J. For. Res. 33: 2184–2192 [CrossRef]
- Mo J., Fang H., Zhu W., Zhou G., Lu X. and Fang Y., 2008. Decomposition responses of pine (Pinus massoniana) needles with two different nutrient-status to N deposition in a tropical pine plantation in southern China. Ann. For. Sci. 65: 405. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Raimundo F., Martins A. and Madeira M., 2008. Decomposition of chestnut litterfall and eight-year soil chemical changes under a no-tillage management system in Northern Portugal, Ann. For. Sci. 65: 408. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Schulze E.-D., Wirth C., Mollicone D. and Ziegler W., 2005. Succession after stand replacing disturbances by fire, wind throw, and insects in the dark Taiga of Central Siberia. Oecologia 146: 77–88 [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Spurr S.H. and Barnes B.V., 1973. Forest ecology, 2ed, The Ronald Press Company, New York, 560 p.
- Starr M., Saarsalmi A., Hokkanen T., Merilä P. and Helmisaai H.S., 2005. Models of litterfall production for Scots pine (Pinus sylvestris) in Finland using stand, site and climate factors. For. Ecol. Manage. 205: 215–225 [CrossRef]
- Taylor B.R., Parkinson D. and Parsons W.J.F., 1989. Nitrogen and lignin content as predictors of litter decay rates: a microcosm test. Ecology 70: 97–104 [CrossRef]
- Valdespino P., Romualdo R., Cadenazzi L. and Campo J., 2009. Phosphorus cycling in primary and secondary seasonally dry tropical forests in Mexico. Ann. For. Sci. 66: 107. [CrossRef] [EDP Sciences]
- Vitousek P.M., 1984. Litterfall, nutrient cycling and nutrient limitation in tropical forests. Ecology 65: 285–298 [CrossRef]
- Wen Y.G., Wei S.Z. and Qin W.M., 1990. Analysis on the litter-fall dynamics of Chinese fir plantation and its correlation to climatic factors in north Guangxi. Acta Ecol. Sin. 10: 367–72
- Wright S.J. and Cornejo F.H., 1990. Seasonal drought and leaf fall in a tropical forest. Ecology 71: 1165–1175 [CrossRef]
- Wu Z.Y., 1983. Vegetation of China. Scientific Press, Beijing, 930 p., (in Chinese).
- Xu G.B., Chen B.R., Ding G.F. and Zhang Y.H., 1994. Accumulation and decomposition of litterfall in a Korean pine-broadleaved forest stand. Changbai Mountain Research Station of Forest Ecosystem, Institute of Forestry and Soil Sciences, Shenyang. Res. For. Ecosyst. 7: 55–61
- Yang W.Q., Wang K.Y., Kellomaki S. and Gong H.D., 2005. Litter dynamics of three Subalpine forests in western Sichuan. Pedosphere 15(5): 653–659.
- Yu D.P., Wang S.Z., Tang L.N., Dai L.M., Wang Q.L. and Wang S.X., 2005. Relationship between tree-ring chronology of Larix olgensis and in Changbai Mountains and the climate change. Chin. J. Appl. Ecol. 16(1): 14–20 (in Chinese with English abstract).
- Zhang D.Q., Ye W.H., Yu Q.F., Kong G.H. and Zhang Y.C., 2000. The litterfall of representivie forests of successional series in Dinghushan. Acta Ecol. Sin. 20: 938–944
- Zhang H.S., Han S.J., Li Y.W. and Zhang J.H., 2007. Reconstruction of temporal variations of precipitation in Changbai Mountain area over past 240 years by using tree-ring width data. Chin. J. Ecol. 26(2): 1924–1929 (in Chinese with English abstract).
Ann. For. Sci.
Volume 67, Number 2, March-April 2010
|Number of page(s)||8|
|Published online||01 February 2010|