- Baraloto C., Goldberg D.E. and Bonal D., 2005. Performance trade-offs among tropical tree seedlings in contrasting microhabitats. Ecol. 86: 2461–2472. [CrossRef]
- Campbell R.J., Mobley K.N., Marini R.P. and Pfeiffer D.G., 1990. Growing conditions alter the relationship between SPAD-502 values and apple leaf chlorophyll. Hortsci. 25: 330–331.
- Coste S., Roggy J.-C., Imbert P., Born C., Bonal D. and Dreyer E., 2005. Leaf photosynthetic traits of 14 tropical rain forest species in relation to leaf nitrogen concentration and shade tolerance. Tree Physiol. 25: 1127–1137. [PubMed]
- Efron B. and Tibshirani R.J., 1993. An introduction to the bootstrap, Chapman-Hall, London, 456 p.
- Fukshansky, Martinez A., Remisowsky V., McClendon J., Ritterbusch A., Richter T. and Mohr H., 1993. Absorption spectra of leaves corrected for scattering and distributional error: a radiative transfer and absorption statistics treatment. Photochem. Photobiol. 57: 538–555. [CrossRef]
- Hawkins T.S., Gardiner E.S. and Comer G.S., 2009. Modeling the relationship between extractable chlorophyll and SPAD-502 readings for endangered plant species research. J. Nat. Conserv. 17: 123–127. [CrossRef]
- Hikosaka K., 2004. Interspecific difference in the photosynthesis–nitrogen relationship: patterns, physiological causes, and ecological importance. J. Plant Res. 117: 481–494. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Hiscox J. and Israelstam G., 1979. A method for the extraction of chlorophyll from leaf tissue without maceration. Can. J. Bot. 57: 1332–1334. [CrossRef]
- Manetas Y., Grammatikopoulos G. and Kyparissis A., 1998. The use of the portable, non-destructive, SPAD-502 (Minolta) chlorophyll meter with leaves of varying trichome density and anthocyanin content. J. Plant Physiol. 153: 513–516.
- Marenco R.A., Antezana-Vera S.A. and Nascimento H.C.S., 2009. Relationship between specific leaf area, leaf thickness, leaf water content and SPAD-502 readings in six Amazonian tree species. Photosynth. 47: 184–190. [CrossRef]
- Markwell J., Osterman J. and Mitchell J., 1995. Calibration of the Minolta SPAD-502 leaf chlorophyll meter. Photosynth. Res. 46: 467–472. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- McClendon J.H. and Fukshansky L., 1990. On the interpretation of absorption spectra of leaves I. The introduction and the correction of leaf spectra for surface reflection. Photochem. Photobiol. 51: 203–210.
- Monje O.A. and Bugbee B., 1992. Inherent limitations of nondestructive chlorophyll meters - a comparison of 2 types of meters. Hortscience 27: 69–71. [PubMed]
- Murillo-Amador B., Avila-Serrano N.Y., Garcia-Hernandez J.L., Lopez-Aguilar R., Troyo-Dieguez E. and Kaya C., 2004. Relationship between a nondestructive and an extraction method for measuring chlorophyll contents in cowpea leaves. J. Plant Nutr. Soil Sc. 167: 363–364. [CrossRef]
- Pinkard E.A., Patel V. and Mohammed C., 2006. Chlorophyll and nitrogen determination for plantation-grown Eucalyptus nitens and E. globulus using a non-destructive meter. For. Ecol. Manage. 223: 211–217. [CrossRef]
- Richardson A.D., Duigan S.P. and Berlyn G.P., 2002. An evaluation of noninvasive methods to estimate foliar chlorophyll content. New Phytol. 153: 185–194. [CrossRef]
- Rozendaal D.M.A., Hurtado V.H., and Poorter L., 2006. Plasticity in leaf traits of 38 tropical tree species in response to light; relationships with light demand and adult stature. Funct. Ecol. 20: 207–216. [CrossRef]
- Schaper H. and Chacko E.K., 1991. Relation between extractable chlorophyll and portable chlorophyll meter readings in leaves of eight tropical and subtropical fruit tree species. J. Plant Physiol. 138: 674–677.
- Thompson J.A., Schweitzer L.E. and Nelson R.L., 1996. Association of specific leaf weight, an estimate of chlorophyll, and chlorophyll concentration with apparent photosynthesis in soybean. Photosynth. Res. 49: 1–10. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
- Uddling J., Gelang-Alfredsson J., Piikki K. and Pleijel H., 2007. Evaluating the relationship between leaf chlorophyll concentration and SPAD-502 chlorophyll meter readings. Photosynth. Res. 91: 37–46. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
Ann. For. Sci.
Volume 67, Number 6, September 2010
|Number of page(s)||5|
|Published online||08 July 2010|