Ann. For. Sci.
Volume 58, Number 1, January 2001
|Page(s)||59 - 68|
- Balneaves J., Menzies M., Lifting and handling procedures at Edendale nursery - Effects on survival and growth of 1/0 Pinus radiata seedlings, N. Z. J. For. Sci. 18 (1988) 132-134.
- Bigras F.J., Root cold tolerance of black spruce seedlings: viability tests in relation to survival and regrowth, Tree Physiol. 17 (1997) 311-318.
- Burdett A.N., Physiological processes in plantation establishment and the development of specifications for forest planting stock, Can. J. For. Res. 20 (1990) 415-427.
- Coutts M.P., Effects of root or shoot exposure before planting on the water relations, growth and survival of Sitka spruce, Can. J. For. Res. 11 (1981) 703-709.
- Duryea M.L., Evaluating seedling quality: Principles, procedures and predictive abilities of major tests, Oregon State University, Corvallis, 1985.
- Garriou D., Girard S., Guehl J.M., Genere B., Effect of desiccation during cold storage on planting stock quality and field performance in forest species, Ann. For. Sci. 57 (2000) 101-111.
- Girard S., Clement A., Cochard H., Boulet-Gercourt B., Guehl J.M., Effects of desiccation on post-planting stress in bareroot Corsican pine seedlings, Tree Physiol. 17 (1997) 429-435.
- Girard S., Clement A., Boulet-Gercourt B., Guehl J.M., Effects of exposure to air on planting stress in red oak seedlings, Ann. Sci. For. 54 (1997) 395-401.
- Guehl J.M., Clement A., Kaushal P., Aussenac G., Planting stress, water status and non-structural carbonhydrate concentrations in Corsican pine seedlings, Tree Physiol. 12 (1993) 173-183.
- Kaushal P., Aussenac G., Transplanting shock in Corsican Pine and Cedar of Atlas seedlings: internal water deficits, growth and root regeneration, For. Ecol. Manag. 27 (1989) 29-40.
- Koslowski T.T., Tree growth in response to environmental stresses, J. Arbor. 11 (1985) 97-111.
- Lindström A., Nyström C., Seasonal variation in root hardiness of container-grown Scots pine, Norway spruce and lodgepole pine seedlings, Can. J. For. Res. 17 (1987) 787-793.
- Mattsson A., Predicting field performance using seedling quality assessment, New Forests 13 (1997) 227-252.
- McCreary D.D., Zaerr J.B., Root respiration has limited value for assessing Douglas-fir seedling quality, Can. J. For. Res. 17 (1987) 1144-1147.
- McEvoy C., McKay H., Root frost hardiness of amenity broadleaved seedlings, Arboricultural Journal 21 (1997) 231-244.
- McEvoy C., McKay H., Sensitivity of broadleaved trees to desiccation and rough handling between lifting and transplanting, Arboriculture Research and Information Note (1997) 7.
- McKay H.M., Electrolyte leakage from fine roots of conifers seedlings: a rapid index of plant vitality following cold storage, Can. J. For. Res. 22 (1992) 1371-1377.
- McKay H.M., Frost hardiness and cold-storage tolerance of the root system of Picea sitchensis, Pseudotsuga menziesii, Larix kaempferi and Pinus sylvestris bare-root seedlings, Scand. J. For. Res. 9 (1994) 203-213.
- McKay H.M., A review of the effect of stresses between lifting and planting on nursery stock quality and performance, New Forests 13 (1997) 369-399.
- McKay H.M., Optimal planting times for freshly lifted bare-rooted conifers on the North York Moors, Forestry 71 (1998) 33-48.
- McKay H.M., White I.M.S., Fine root electrolyte leakage and moisture content: indices of Sitka spruce and Douglas-fir seedling performance after desiccation, New Forests 13 (1997) 139-162.
- McKay H.M., Jinks R.L., McEvoy C., Effect of desiccation and rough-handling on the survival and early growth of ash, beech, birch and oak seedlings, Ann. For. Sci. 56 (1999) 391-402.
- Ritchie G.A., Assessing seedling quality, in: Duryea M.L., Landis T.D. (Eds), Forest Nursery Manual: Production of bareroot seedlings, Martinus Nijhoff / Dr. W. Junk Publishers, The Hague/Boston/Lancaster, 1984, pp. 243-259.
- Ritchie G.A., Roden J.R., Kleyn N., Physiological quality of lodgepole pine and interior spruce seedlings: effects of lift date and duration of freezer storage, Can. J. For. Res. 15 (1985) 636-645.
- Slavik B., Methods of studying plant water relations, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1974.
- Tinus R.W., Root growth potential as an indicator of drought stress history, Tree Physiol. 16 (1996) 795-799.
- Tabbush P.M., Effect of desiccation on water status and forest performance of bare-rooted Sitka spruce and Douglas fir transplants, Forestry 60 (1987) 31-43.
- Webb D.P., von Althen F.W., Storage of hardwood planting stock: effects of various storage regimes and packaging methods on root growth and physiological quality, N. Z. J. For. Sci. 10 (1980) 83-96.
Copyright INRA, EDP Sciences