Ann. For. Sci.
Volume 60, Number 5, July-August 2003
|Page(s)||455 - 460|
- Acherar M., Rambal S., Comparative water relations of four Mediterranean oak species, Vegetatio 99/100 (1992) 177-184.
- Begon M., Harper J.L., Townsend C.R., Ecology. Individuals, Populations and Communities, Blackwell Science, Oxford, 1996.
- Bragg W.K., Knapp A.K., Briggs J.M., Comparative water relations of seedling and adult Quercus species during gallery forest expansion in tallgrass prairie, For. Ecol. Manage. 56 (1993) 29-41.
- Brown J.R., Archer S., Water relations of a perennial grass and seedlings vs adult woody plants in a subtropical savanna, Texas, Oikos 57 (1990) 366-374.
- Cavender-Bares J., Bazzaz F.A., Changes in drought response strategies with ontogeny in Quercus rubra: implications for scaling from seedlings to mature trees, Oecologia 124 (2000) 8-18.
- Cohen D., The expected efficiency of water utilization in plants under different competition and selection regimes, Isr. J. Bot. 19 (1970) 50-54.
- Collet C., Guehl J.M., Frochot H., Ferhi A., Effect of two forest grasses differing in their growth dynamics on the water relations and the growth of Quercus petraea seedlings, Can. J. Bot. 74 (1996) 1562-1571.
- Danner B.T., Knapp A.K., Growth dynamics of oak seedlings (Quercus macrocarpa Michx. and Quercus muhlenbergii Engelm.) from gallery forests: implications for forest expansion into grasslands, Trees 15 (2001) 271-277.
- Davis S.D., Mooney H.A., Tissue water relations of four co- occurring chaparral shrubs, Oecologia 70 (1986) 527-535.
- Davis M.A., Wrage K.J., Reich P.B., Tjoelker M.G., Schaeffer T., Muermann C., Survival, growth, and photosynthesis of tree seedlings competing with herbaceous vegetation along a water- light-nitrogen gradient, Plant Ecol. 145 (1999) 341-350.
- Day M.E., Greenwood M.S., White A.S., Age-related changes in foliar morphology and physiology in red spruce and their influence on declining photosynthetic rates and productivity with tree age, Tree Physiol. 21 (2001) 1195-1204.
- De Lucia E.H., Schlesinger W.H., Resource-use efficiency and drought tolerance in adjacent Great Basin and Sierran plants, Ecology 72 (1991) 51-58.
- De Lucia E.H., Schlesinger W.H., Billings W.D., Water relations and the maintenance of Sierran conifers on hydrothermally altered rock, Ecology 69 (1988) 303-311.
- Donovan L.A., Ehleringer J.R., Ecophysiological differences among juvenile and reproductive plants of several woody species, Oecologia 86 (1991) 594-597.
- Donovan L.A., Ehleringer J.R., Contrasting water-use patterns among size and life-history classes of a semi-arid shrub, Funct. Ecol. 6 (1992) 482-488.
- Donovan L.A., Pappert R.A., Ecophysiological differences among growth stages of Quercus laevis in a sandhill oak community, J. Torrey Bot. Soc. 125 (1998) 3-10.
- Epron D., Dreyer E., Picon C., Guehl J.M., Relationship between CO2 dependent O2 evolution and photosystem II activity in oak (Quercus petraea) trees grown in the field and in seedlings grown in ambient or elevated CO2, Tree Physiol. 14 (1994) 725-733.
- Field C., Mooney H.A., The photosynthesis-nitrogen relationship in wild plants, in: Givnish T.J. (Ed.), On the economy of plant form and function, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1986, pp. 25-55.
- Field C., Merino J., Mooney H.A., Compromises between water use efficiency and nitrogen use efficiency in five species of California evergreens, Oecologia 60 (1983) 384-389.
- Kozlowski T.T., Kramer P.J., Pallardy S.G., The Physiological Ecology of Woody Plants, Academic Press, New York, 1991.
- Mediavilla S., Escudero A., Heilmeier H., Internal leaf anatomy and photosynthetic resource-use efficiency: interespecific and intraspecific comparisons, Tree Physiol. 21 (2001) 251-259.
- Mitrakos K.A., A theory for Mediterranean plant life, Acta Oecol. 1 (1980) 245-252.
- Poorter H., Evans J.R., Photosynthetic nitrogen-use efficiency of species that differ inherently in specific leaf area, Oecologia 116 (1998) 26-37.
- Reich P.B., Variation among plant species in leaf turnover rates and associated traits: implications for growth at all life stages, in: Lambers H., Poorter H., Van Vuuren M.M.I. (Eds.), Inherent variation in plant growth. Physiological mechanisms and ecological consequences, Backhuys Publishers, Leiden, The Netherlands, 1998, pp. 467-487.
- Reich P.B., Walters M.B., Ellsworth D.S., Leaf life span in relation to leaf, plant, and stand characteristics among diverse ecosystems, Ecol. Monogr. 62 (1992) 365-392.
- Reich P.B., Walters M.B., Ellsworth D.S., Uhl C., Photosynthesis- nitrogen relations in Amazonian tree species. I. Patterns among species and communities, Oecologia 97 (1994) 62-72.
- Reich P.B., Ellsworth D.S., Walters M.B., Vose J.M., Gresham C., Volin J.C., Bowman W.D., Generality of leaf trait relationships: A test across six biomes, Ecology 80 (1999) 1955-1969.
- Thomas S.C., Winner W.E., Photosynthetic differences between saplings and adult trees: an integration of field results by meta- analysis, Tree Physiol. 22 (2002) 117-127.
- Tutin T.G., Heywood V.H., Burges N.A., Valentine D.H., Walters S.M., Webb D.A., (Eds.), Flora Europaea, Cambridge, University Press, London, 1964.
- Weaver J.E., Kramer J., Root system of Quercus macrocarpa in relation to the invasion of prairie, Bot. Gaz. 94 (1932) 51-85.
- Weltzin J.F., McPherson G.R., Spatial and temporal soil moisture resource partitioning by trees and grasses in a temperate savanna, Arizona, USA, Oecologia 112 (1997) 154-164.
- Wilson T.B., Witkowski E.T.F., Water requeriments for germination and early seedling establishment in four African savanna plant species, J. Arid Environ. 38 (1998) 541-550.
Copyright INRA, EDP Sciences