Ann. For. Sci.
Volume 60, Number 7, October-November 2003Technical, Environmental and Economic challenges of Forest Vegetation Management
|Page(s)||637 - 643|
References of Ann. For. Sci. 60 637-643
- Bärring U., Studier av metoder för plantering av gran och tall på åkermark i södra och mellersta Sverige. (Studies of methods employed in the planting of Picea abies (L.) H. Karst and Pinus silvestris L. on farm land in southern and central Sweden.) (in Swedish with English summary), Stud. For. Suec. 50 (1967) 1-332.
- Bergquist J., Örlander G., Browsing damage by roe deer on Norway spruce seedlings planted on clearcuts of different ages. 2. Effect of seedling vigour, For. Ecol. Manage. 105 (1998) 295-302.
- Bergquist J., Örlander G., Nilsson U., Slash removal and deer browsing affects field vegetation on south Swedish clearcuts, For. Ecol. Manage. 115 (1999) 171-182.
- Björkroth G., The influence from slash on nitrogen and organic matter in some 14-18 years old experiments with Norway spruce, The Swedish University of Agricultural Science, Dept. of Silviculture, Reports, 9 (1983) 1-38 (in Swedish with English summary).
- Burdett A.N., Physiological processes in plantation establishment and the development of specifications for forest planting stock, Can. J. For. Res. 20 (1990) 415-427.
- Burgess D., Baldock J.A., Wetzell S., Brand D.G., Scarification, fertilization and herbicide treatment effects on planted conifers and soil fertility, Plant Soil 168-169 (1995) 513-522.
- Fahey T.J., Stevens P.A., Hornung M., Rowland P., Nutrient accumulation in vegetation following conventional and whole-tree harvest of Sitka spruce plantations in North Wales, Forestry 64 (1991) 271-288.
- Grossnickle S.C., Ecophysiology of northern spruce species. The performance of planted seedlings, NRC Research Press, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, 2000, 409 p.
- Imo M., Timmer V.R., Vector competition analysis of black spruce seedling responses to nutrient loading and vegetation control, Can. J. For. Res. 29 (1999) 474-486 [CrossRef].
- Krutzsch P., Norway spruce development of buds, Internal report. International Union of Forest Research Organizations, Vienna, IUFRO S2.02.11, 1973.
- Lund-Høie K., Growth responses of Norway spruce (Picea abies L.) to different vegetation management programmes - Preliminary results, Asp. Appl. Biol. 5 (1984) 127-133.
- Nambiar E.K.S., Sands R., Competition for water and nutrients in forests, Can. J. For. Res. 23 (1993) 1955-1968.
- Nilsson U., Örlander G., Effects of some regeneration methods on drought damage of newly planted Norway spruce seedlings, Can. J. For. Res. 25 (1995) 790-802.
- Nilsson U., Gemmel P., Hällgren J.-E., Competing vegetation effects on initial growth of planted Picea abies, N. Z. J. For. Sci. 26 (1996) 84-98.
- Nilsson U., Örlander G., Water uptake by planted Picea abies in relation to competing field vegetation and seedling rooting depth on two grass-dominated sites in southern Sweden, Scand. J. For. Res. 14 (1999) 312-331.
- Nilsson U., Örlander G., Vegetation management on grass-dominated clearcuts planted with Norway spruce in southern Sweden, Can. J. For. Res. 29 (1999) 1015-1026 [CrossRef].
- Nordborg F., Effects of site preparation on soil properties and on growth, damage and nitrogen uptake in planted seedlings, Doctor's dissertation. Agriculturae Suecia Silvestria 140 (2001) 1-25.
- Nordborg F., Nilsson U., Growth, damage and net nitrogen uptake in Picea abies (L.) Karst. seedlings, effects of site preparation and fertilisation, Ann. For. Sci. 60 (2003) 657-666.
- Nordborg F., Nilsson U., Örlander G., Effects of different soil treatments on growth and net nitrogen uptake of newly planted Picea abies (L.) Karst. seedlings, For. Ecol. Manage. 180 (2003) 571-582.
- Örlander G., Nilsson U., Hällgren J.-E., Competition for water and nutrients between ground vegetation and planted Picea abies, N. Z. J. For. Sci. 26 (1996) 99-117.
- Örlander G., Gemmel P., Wilhelmsson C., Effects of scarification, planting depth and planting spot on seedling establishment in a low humidity area in southern Sweden, The Swedish University of Agricultural Science, Dept. of Silviculture, Reports, 33 (1991) 1-85 (in Swedish with English summary).
- South D.B., Rose R.W., McNabb K.L., Nursery and site preparation research in the United States, New For. 22 (2001) 43-58.
- Staples T.E., Van Rees K.C.J., van Kessel C., Nitrogen competition using 15N between early successional plants and planted white spruce seedlings, Can. J. For. Res. 29 (1999) 1282-1289 [CrossRef].